📕 In press
- Kuromiya, H., Nakanishi, T., Horikoshi, I., Majumdar, R., & Ogata, H. Supporting Reflective Teaching Workflow Through Learning Analytics with Real-World Data. Information and Technology in Education and Learning. (ITEL). In press.
📕 Journal Papers
- Kuromiya, H., Majumdar, R., & Ogata, H. (2020). Fostering Evidence-Based Education with Learning Analytics: Capturing Teaching-Learning Cases from Log Data. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, 23(4), 14–29.
- Kannan, V., Kuromiya, H., & Gouripeddi, S. P. (2020). Flip & Pair–a strategy to augment a blended course with active-learning components: effects on engagement and learning. Smart Learning Environments.
- Ogata H., Majumdar R., Flanagan B., Kuromiya H. (2022) Learning Analytics and Evidence-based K12 Education in Japan: Usage of Data-driven Services and Mobile Learning Across Two Years. International Journal of Mobile Learning and Organisation.
📕 Conference Papers
- Kuromiya, H., Majumdar, R., & Ogata, H. (2022). Detecting Teachers’ in-Classroom Interactions Using a Deep Learning Based Action Recognition Model. In International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education (pp. 379-382). Springer, Cham
- Kuromiya, H., Majumdar, R., & Ogata, H. (2021). Mining Students’ Engagement Pattern in Summer Vacation Assignment. In R. M. M. T., S. Iyer, & A. Mitrovic (Eds.), 29th International Conference on Computers in Education Conference Proceedings Volume 1 (pp. 559–568). Asia-Pacific Society for Computers in Education (APSCE).
- Kuromiya, H., Nakanishi, T., Majumdar, R., & Ogata, H. (2021). Real-time Evidence Analysis Library (REAL): Automatic Aggregation of Learning Analytics-Based Intervention. Companion Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Learning Analytics and Knowledge (LAK21), 37–39.
- Kuromiya, H., Majumdar, R., Kondo, T., Nakanishi, T., Takii, K., & Ogata, H. (2020). Impact of school closure during COVID-19 emergency: A time series analysis of learning logs. In H. J. et al So (Ed.), Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Computers in Education Conference. Asia-Pacific Society for Computers in Education (APSCE).
- Kuromiya, H. (2021). Automatic Classification of the Learning Pattern - Time-Series Clustering of Students’ Reading Behaviors. Companion Proceedings of the 11th International Learning Analytics and Knowledge Conference LAK20, 250–255.
- Kuromiya, H., Majumdar, R., Warriem, J., & Ogata, H. (2019). Data-Driven Validation of Pedagogical Model - A Case of Blended LCM Model. 2019 IEEE Tenth International Conference on Technology for Education (T4E), 38–45.
- Nakanishi, T., Kuromiya, H., Majumdar, R., & Ogata, H. (2021). Data-informed Teaching Reflection: A plot of a learning analytics workflow in Japanese High School. Proceedings of the 28th International Conference Om Computers in Education. 675–677.
🏆 Grants & Awards
Apr. 2021. Research Fellowships for Young Scientists. Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS). Grant: 1,500,000 JPY.
Dec. 2020. AI Powered Research Innovation Program. Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST). Grant: 3,000,000 JPY.
Dec. 2019. IEEE T4E Student Travel Scholarship. Technology for Education. Awarded: US$ 300.
Jun. 2019. Erik Duval Travel Scholarship, Society of Learning Analytics and Knowledge.